After several months without NBA, it seems the league has finally come up with a feasible plan for the continuation of the 2019/20 season. There was a lot of uncertainty about whether the league would continue and if they should scratch this season off. There were also several indications on different timetables for return, but now it’s official the league is starting on the 31st of July.
The biggest concern was the possibility of players interacting with everyone else at the Disney complex because people are still actively practicing social distancing. It seems the league has a process in place for making sure everyone is safe, but on the other hand, the concept has changed.
Adrian Wojnarowski shared on his Twitter account several rules the league has announced when it comes to the continuation of the season. The concept will be very different, and we’ve highlighted the major takeaways we have the information so far.
- All 22 NBA teams will return to play at Disney’s ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in July.
- The format will include current playoff teams & teams six games of a final playoff spot
- Teams in the Western conference: Kings, Pelicans, Spurs, Suns & Trailblazers
- Teams in the Eastern conference: Wizards
- The concept will include eight regular-season games and potential play-in tournament which will determine the playoff field.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) June 3, 2020